Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Somebody stop me!!!

I have a little problem. It's money related. Unfortunately - my little problem is NOT that I have too much money - it's not even that I don't have enough money - it's that money runs through me like a sieve. I've been caught up in this rush of excitement with Christmas shopping and really have no explanation for all the money I've spent. Tsk Tsk Tsk!!! I'm like the US government - just spend spend spend!!!

I just love presents. Presents FOR me are okay - but I absolutely crave the excitement of finding the perfect gift for another person - and unfortunately for me, Asrai is SUPER easy to shop for - everywhere I turn around - woo hoo - there's another perfect gift!! She's going to think Santa was smoking heroin when he put together her presents this year because there are so effing many of them. Thank goodness we have a basement!
I do feel bad about it - because the economy is in the toilet, and when I can't afford to buy groceries at some point in March, I'm going to look at all those American Girl doll accessories and outfits and curse my loose purse strings. They're just so goddamn cute. Whose fault is that???? Hello - it's got to be Mattel.
Seriously though, I don't know why I'm worried about the future. If I were an uber-Christian, I'd probably think the end of days was coming - when people are trampling employees to death at Wal-Mart and shooting each other at Toys R' Us over deals - nevermind the pregnant woman injured in a mall shooting in Atlanta - something is very wrong with the world. And while I'm not a very religious person - I do see the irony in people killing each other over cheap toys for the holiday celebrating Jesus's birth.
I'm not one to dwell on the negative, so I'll move on.
Tonight begins the two weeks of my person hell. For the next 16 days I have one day off - and most of the rest of the days I'll be working both jobs. I have two days off from LLBean in the next 16 days. Yuck-O. But - It will help compensate for my dreadful purchasing practices of late. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Honestly, I enjoy the LLBean work - it doesn't require any brainpower from me - I can be pleasant and present on the phone with one hand tied behind my back - oh yes. Unfortunately my day job is not quite so lenient. Such is life. In 22 days it will be Christmas, and all will be well with the world!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

you can smoke heroin?

Unknown said...

Personally, no - I can't smoke heroin - but I think Santa can do whatever he wants!!

Faith said...

that was my favorite line