Monday, November 16, 2009

Yummmmmmmmmy

I am a big fan of cheesecake. Big surprise, right? In all seriousness - I would probably be a very thin girl if it weren't for all the delicious foods in the world. I'll happily wear my current size if it means I can keep eating yummy stuff though. No objections from me!

I've only ever made a cheesecake once - last Thanksgiving, I made an amazing pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust, and a sour cream glaze - it was one of the most delicious foods in the history of the universe.

I'm pretty sure I want to make that for Thanksgiving this year - because, honestly, how can you beat it??? BUT - I was thinking - and back when Saki & I were dating, we would occasionally go to the Cheesecake factory, and my fave dessert was the carrot cake cheesecake. I went online to one of those restaurant copycat sites and got a recipe for it. Now I have to decide which I want to make. Cheesecake isn't a cheap food to make - it's got a lot of ingredients - and, as much as I'd like to believe that store brands are as good as name brands - you're not going to see me baking with something other than Philadelphia cream cheese - I just don't want to risk it to save twenty cents.

I have a big decision ahead of me.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: