Thursday, March 4, 2010

Promises Promises Promises

I really did intend to blog regularly - honestly I did!  Time just got away from me (again and again and again).

So, here I am, as I promised my irish twin I would be - some major changes, and here they are in no particular order:
  1. I bought a Wii!!! If you've read any of my (somewhat) recent blogs, you'll see that I was desperately yearning for one, so I caved in, and spent money I shouldn't have, and I couldn't be happier!
  2. Not only did I get a Wii, but I got Wii Fit with the balance board - I scored it used, so it was way less expensive than buying it retail, which I couldn't have done anyway because the damn thing is sold out everywhere.
  3. I had my surgery! I suppose if this list were in the order of importance, this would probably be item #1 - The surgery itself went well (I was unconscious the whole time) - did you know that they intubate you for stuff like breast reduction? Well, I sure didn't! I wondered for a couple of days why my throat was so sore, and when I finally pondered it out loud, mom looked at me like a crazy person and explained it.  How should I know? I'm a relatively healthy girl, and my only previous surgery was having my wisdom teeth out, and I'm quite positive they didn't intubate me for that one (I also was allowed to wear more than my underwear).
  4. After I had my surgery, I was getting better, though not as fast as I expected, and a week after - I finally went back to my house (I'd been staying with Mom & Jeanne & Catty & the many cats) - and that night I ended up getting super sick.  Honestly one of the scariest things that's ever happened.  Raging fever, awful pain - I didn't want to bother my sisters in the middle of the night (it started around midnight) - and so I thought maybe I'd call 911, but then I thought my house was way too messy to let paramedics in, so I just laid there, occasionally crying, and having weird hallucinations.  The next day, I did call Conni & she took me to her house & I talked to the surgeon & at first they said I'd have to be admitted to the hospital, but then decided to just try giving me antibiotics.
  5. I recovered from my awful bout of sickness.  And then, instead of returning to work after being out for a week, I had another two weeks off - unfortunately, they were unpaid weeks off - which super sucks - but there's not really anything I could do about it. 
  6. So, I'm back at work now - it's wearing me down a LOT, but I'm surviving.  My ginormous scars are healing, and I go for a second post-operative appointment with my surgeon in about a week and a half. 
  7. The real downer about the surgery is that I haven't been able to do my Wii Fit! I know, totally unfair, right? I have to wait six weeks to do any aerobic activity.  But, in the meantime, I bought a game called Walk It Out - which is ridiculously fun - and every time I do it I walk longer - last night it was 75 minutes - there's just so much to do!!  So, at least I'm getting exercise, although I'm pretty psyched for two weeks from tomorrow when I can start Wii Fitting it up!
Yup, so I'm making up for lost time here, and plan on writing more again in the near future.  I'm a fascinating person, so I'm pretty sure there are some people out there who died because they were holding their breath until my next post.  And to their friends and families - I say "Sorry".

1 comment:

Linda said...

you ARE super fascinating, and I have been waiting with baited breath to hear what's been going on. Of course, if I weren't such a ninny, I would already be back at work where you could have filled me in on all the wonderful details of your super adventures!! But, alas, I will see you on Monday.....maybe we can get out for a walk on break!